Cheese makes the world a better place…and it makes canned biscuit dough a great supermarket purchase. These Cheesy Biscuit Bombs are proof of that. You can’t go wrong with piping hot, soft biscuits encasing a center of molten cheese.
These make a great quick snack and are tasty served at room temperature so make them in advance before the kiddos get home. Save a few to serve as a dinner rolls at dinner time.
Add a couple cubes or ham or turkey and turn these biscuits into a bomb lunch (see what I did there?), perfect for lunch boxes!
Cheesy Biscuit Bombs
- 1 (10.2 oz) can refrigerated biscuit dough, containing 5 biscuits
- 10 1″ cubes of cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbs melted butter
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Open can of biscuits and cut each one in half.
- Flatten out one piece of dough in your hand creating a disc. Place one cube of cheese into center of disc and enclose dough around it, rolling it in your hand to create a ball. Smooth out any seams or cracks. Repeat until all are done.
- Line biscuits on baking sheet.
- Add garlic granules to metled butter and mix. Brush the tops and sides with the garlic butter.
- Sprinkle small pinch of cheese on tops of each biscuit.
- Bake on top rack until golden brown – about 18 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving as the cheese inside will be very hot.
- Serve and enjoy!