Today’s post is brought to you by my friend, Kimberly Smith, lead aesthetician at Rejuvena Health & Aesthetics in Scottsdale.
Summer takes a toll on our skin, especially in Arizona. As the season changes and you look in the mirror is something akin to a Halloween mask looking back?
Don’t be tricked into expensive products to treat your face right. I’ve come up with three masks perfect to remedy scary skin problems.
**Tip: Apply the last two masks in the shower and let sit for 3-5 minutes to make for easy cleanup and take advantage of the steam from the hot water.
Green Goblin Mask
This mask may sound ghoulish, but it will make your skin feel like you’re dressing up as a pretty princess for Halloween!
- 1 Avocado: This superfood promotes soothing skin, hydration, and calming properties.
- Green tea (1 tablespoon): Green tea has anti-aging and antioxidant benefits that can help delay signs of skin aging.
- Full-fat cream (organic – enough to make spreadable paste): This provides a comfortable, soothing base that balances out the pumpkin and makes for a thick texture.
Directions: Mix everything together and smooth evenly over face and neck. Let sit for five minutes and remove with a warm wash cloth.
This fun mask gently exfoliates your skin and helps shed dead skin cells in a less harsh way than synthetic products on the market.
- Pumpkin (1 regular can): This orange veggie evens out skin tone, lightens discoloration, and is a perfect way to help your face recover from summer sun damage.
- Cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon): Make sure you buy ayervedic or organic cinnamon for best results. This spice promotes circulation and stimulates the other ingredients to act.
- Honey (1 tablespoon): Only use raw, unprocessed honey to take advantage of all the nutrition and trace minerals in the product. It’s a great powerhouse ingredient that offers hydration.
- Full-fat cream (organic – enough to make spreadable paste): See above for health benefits.
Directions: Mix all ingredients, separate into an ice cube tray and freeze. You’ll have fresh pumpkin mask for months!
Honey Cinnamon Mask
If you have oily or acne-prone skin, this simple mask combines just 1 /4 tsp of raw, unprocessed honey with a pinch of ayervedic cinnamon. You can spot apply it through your t-zone or use it on your whole face. See above for health benefits of Honey and Cinnamon.
About Rejuvena Health and Aesthetics:
Rejuvena Health and Aesthetics helps patients look and feel their best using a revolutionary, integrative approach that includes all aspects of both naturopathic and aesthetic medicine. Rejuvena believes that total body wellness encompasses both the inside and the outside, and that your appearance is a direct reflection of what’s going on beneath the surface. Rejuvena offers the latest regenerative medicine techniques to resolve pain, enhance tissue and wrinkle repair, customized diet plans, organic whole food based supplements and detoxification therapies.
To learn more, visit www.werejuvenate.com or call 480-551-9000.