I love to experiment in the kitchen and this Buñuelo Tiramisu makes it to the top of my lest of one of the best things I have ever created. It is made with My Nana’s Best Tasting Buñuelos and is absolutely delicious with just the right amount of sweetness. It’s also a showstopper dessert presented in a trifle dish with the beautiful layers on display. And it’s pretty easy to make and assemble too.
- 6 My Nana’s Buñuelos (5 for the layers, 1 crushed for topping)
- 2 Cups Strong Black Coffee
- 3 Tbs Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (separate 1 tbs for topping)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 tub mascarpone cheese
- 1 heaping tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dark chocolate bar, finely chopped for topping
- Whip together the heavy cream, mascarpone cheese, vanilla and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Mix together the coffee and tablespoons of the cocoa powder in s large shallow dish.
- Soak one of the buñuelos in the coffee for a minute on each side. Then place on the bottom of the trifle dish.
- Spread a layer of the cream on the coffee soaked buñuelo. Keep alternating the layers ending with the cream.
- Crush the remaining buñuelo in a ziplock bag and mix with 1 tablespoon of the cocoa powder and the chocolate chunks. Sprinkle a generous layer of this mixture on the top of the tiramisu.
- Chill for 2 hours and serve.