Out of all the snacks I have posted here the past few weeks this one os my absolute favorite. I eat these regularly, in fact, I am enjoying a Fruit Toastee as I type this post. So good.
We always have fresh fruit on hand — grapes, strawberries, bananas, peaches, a variety of berries – our fruit bowl and crisper is always full of sweet goodness. So it’s no wonder many of my snack ideas contain fruit, we live off of it.
This recipe calls from cream cheese sweetened with honey, but you can use ricotta or mascarpone cheese. If you don’t have honey feel free to swap it with agave or maple syrup or maybe even a pinch of brown sugar. And use whatever fruits you like. My favorite with the sweetened cream cheese are the grapes, but strawberries, peaches and bananas are delightful too.
P.S. The honey cream cheese makes for a pretty sweet and tasty dip too. Dip graham crackers or apple slices in it for another snack option!!
- 2 slices cinnamon swirl bread
- 2 Tbs softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp honey
- fruit of your choice
- Toast bread.
- in a small bowl mix the cream cheese and honey together until smooth and well combined.
- Slice fruit into thin slices.
- Spread cream cheese onto each slice of bread.
- Arrange fruit slices on the toast.