Today my baby girl started kindergarten and I’m gonna be honest, I’m pretty emotional about it. It came too fast, I mean, wasn’t she just born, just learning to crawl, still in diapers? Where did the time go?
What am I going to do with myself while she at school? Blog, post, create recipes! And I’m starting with this — a commitment to post a recipe for a different after-school snack every day for a month – 20 recipes total, five a week for four weeks. I’m kicking this off with this pretty little, super easy Watermelon Pizza. I’ve seen versions of this on Pinterest and knew Jax would love it.
I hope you and your kids enjoy the snacks I’ve come up with. Jax had plenty of input and she approves of all 20! This was a great project to spend some extra quality time and make memories with her before school started.
- 1 Watermelon, medium sized
- 1/2 cup Strawberry flavored Greek yogurt
- 1/4 unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup fresh fruit, use a variety
- Slice watermelon in half and then cut a one inch thick disk from one of the halves (save the extra watermelon for future snacks). This is your “crust.”
- Put watermelon “crust” on a serving plate and spread the yogurt on top. The yogurt is the “sauce.”
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the “sauce.” The coconut is the “cheese.”
- Top your pizza with the fruit. We used strawberry slices for “pepperoni,” raspberries for “sausage” and blueberries for “olives.” Other great options would be clementine segments and sliced grapes. You can even add slivered almonds for crunch.
- Slice your pizza, serve and enjoy!