Your kids are going to LOVE these cute little parfaits as a snack or even a breakfast treat. I use small parfait glasses (only slightly larger than a shot class) to make these and they are the perfect size for a snack. This recipe makes four mini parfaits.
Gently simmering the fruit in a mixture of honey, vanilla and fresh orange juice infuses great flavor and allows the fruit to keep it’s integrity and not turn to mush. I recommend using plain or vanilla yogurt but strawberry or peach would be delicious as well. Same goes for the granola, use whatever kind you like.
As for the fruit, the sky is the limit. I used strawberries, peaches and blueberries, but feel free to add or sub whatever fruits you love. Plums, pineapple, raspberries, blackberries, even apples would be delicious. Just make sure you use fresh fruit.
Honeyed Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
- 1 large ripe peach
- 1 orange (you will use the zest and juice)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of granola cereal
- Wash and dry all the fruit. Slice strawberries, cut peaches into chunks.
- Zest the orange and set zest aside. Juice the orange.
- Put all fruit in a small saucepan with the honey, orange juice and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Turn heat on low and bring to a light simmer. Do not boil.
- Add the orange zest and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Chill until ready to assemble parfaits.
- Layer granola on bottom of each parfait glass. Top with granola, then a spoonful of fruit. Repeat layering until you reach the tops of the glasses.
- Chill until ready to serve.