I’m always on the lookout for a good vegetable side dish, one that goes with everything, especially grilled meats. These Asparagus & Prosciutto Bundles fit the bill perfectly. They are super easy to make and supremely delicious. I like to cook them on the grill to infuse a little smokey taste and get those pretty grill marks but they will still be great if cooked in the oven.
Consider serving these Asparagus & Prosciutto Bundles at a baby or bridal shower, or a ladies luncheon or tea party. They are sure to be a hit because they are just as pretty as they are delicious.
They make an excellent side dish, I’ve made them to accompany steaks, chicken and fish, but they also serve as a great starter or even a light main dish. Another plus is they are fabulous served hot, cold or room temperature!
Makes 10 bundles
- 1 bundle of thin asparagus, about 30-40 spears, washed, dried and trimmed
- 10 slices of prosciutto
- 10 slices of provolone cheese
- Balsamic glaze for drizzle over top
- Gather bundles of 3-4 asparagus spears, depending on how thin they are.
- Wrap the bundles in a piece of provolone cheese, get it as tight as you can.
- Tightly wrap the bundles in a slice or prosciutto taking the time to completely encase the cheese so that it doesn’t ooze out while cooking. The prosciutto should adhere to itself but you can use toothpicks if needed, be sure to remove before serving.
- Place bundles on hot grill for 5 minutes, flip and cook an additional 3-5 minutes on the other side. If cooking in oven put them in at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes flipping them once halfway through.
- Remove from grill and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Arrange on serving platter and drizzle with *balsamic glaze.
* I used store bought balsamic glaze but you can make your own by reducing balsamic vinegar with honey. You can find numerous recipes online.