*Thank you to our friends at Torani for making this post possible. As always all opinions are my own.
It is my culinary belief that refrigerated biscuit dough is the unsung hero of a home cook’s kitchen. Seriously.
The potential in that exploding tube of dough is infinite, especially during the holiday season. Transform those biscuits into a topper for turkey pot pie, cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning, or these apple stuffed bombs of delight topped with Bourbon Caramel sauce made with Torani syrup. #atoraniholiday
These bombs are da’ bomb and will leave you on the nice list all year. They are the perfect addition to a holiday brunch or a sweet ending to a festive feast. And they are so easy to boot!
The ingredient list is simple – a can of biscuit dough, apples, Torani Bourbon Caramel Syrup, brown sugar, cream and cinnamon. Simple and the method is easy too.
Simply peel and chop your apples (I like Granny Smith), simmer in the Torani syrup until soft, stuff the biscuits and make the caramel sauce while the bombs bake. And let me tell you — that apple infused Bourbon Caramel Sauce is epic!
I really gotta pat myself on the back for this one, guys!
Read on for the recipe and click here to sign up for the Torani e-mail newsletter and get 10% off your first purchase, plus more Torani recipes, news and product information delivered to your right to your inbox.
Bourbon Caramel Apple Bombs
- 5 medium sized apples
- 1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough (10 biscuits)
- 1 cup Torani Bourbon Caramel Syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash, peel and chop apples into a small dice.
- Add the diced apples into a medium sauce pan with Torani syrup and cinnamon. Simmer on medium/low heat until apples are soft, but not mushy (about 10 minutes).
- Remove apples from pan using slotted spoon (strain as much liquid as you can) and put in a bowl, reserving the syrup in the pan.
- While apples are simmering, open tube of biscuit dough and cut each biscuit in half. Roll each half into a ball.
- Pat or roll out each biscuit half into a circle about 3″ in diameter.
- Place a tablespoon full of apples into each biscuit circle and seal by folding over one side, then crimping the edge and gently rolling back into a ball.
- Please each ball, seam side down onto a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Tops will be golden brown and dough will be cooked through.
- While bombs are baking you can make the caramel sauce. Add the brown sugar and the cream to the reserved liquid the apples were cooked in. Whisk together until well combined. Simmer on low/medium heat until reduced into a rich caramel syrup. You will need to whisk the syrup frequently to prevent burning on the bottom.
- Remove apple bombs from oven and drizzle with caramel sauce. Serve with caramel sauce for extra indulgence.