One of my favorite flavor combinations is lemon and blubbery. There’s just something about the subtle sweet berries against the tart refreshing citrus.
Mix this winning combo into some cake batter and I’m hooked. I look forward to the seasonal lemon blueberry cupcake at Sprinkles all year long. Then I buy three, eat one as I walk back to my car, enjoy another as a midnight snack and save the last for breakfast, having convinced myself it’s really just a glammed up muffin. I justify this gluttony because I waited all year for this flavor!
But now I don’t have to wait (and neither do you) because this yummy Blueberry Lemon Cream Pie hits all the sweet and tart notes I crave! And seriously, it’s ridiculously fast and easy – a handful of ingredients and just over an hour until your gorging yourself in all the yummy glory.
Blueberry Lemon Cream Pie
- 2 Cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 ounces each)
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- 3/4 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (this was 4 lemons for me but it will depend on how large and juicy your lemons are)
- 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 TBS Lemon Zest, divided
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 TBS White Granulated Sugar
- 1 8″ Graham Cracker Pie Shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, blueberries, lemon juice and half the lemon zest in a mixing bowl and whip until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into graham cracker pie shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely (about an hour).
- Whip the heavy cream, sugar and remaining lemon zest on high until firm peaks develop.
- Top the cooled pie with the lemon whipped cream.
- Garnish with a little extra lemon zest and fresh blueberries if you have them.