This recipe is an oldie but a goodie. I first posted it in 2016 but it makes for a great snack so I am including it in my Month of After School Snack line-up.
The bread is moist and the chocolate hazelnut spread center is ooey, gooey and decadent. You are the kids are going to love it. The recipe makes 2 loaves so be sure to keep one all to yourself.
Banana Hazelnut Oat Bread with Chocolate Hazelnut Center
(Makes 2 loaves)
- 1 cup very ripe mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs, cracked and beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 4 Tbs butter softened
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- coking spray
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Spray two loaf tins generously with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla together using a hand mixer or in stand mixer using paddle attachment.
- Mix flour, baking powder, oats, and salt together in a medium bowl. Add to the butter mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Add the mashed bananas, eggs and yogurt and mix until well blended.
- Pour 1/4 of the batter into loaf tin, then tap the loaf tin on the counter to settle and evenly distribute.
- Using a spoon dollop half the hazelnut chocolate spread into the center of the batter and spread it out so it reaches both ends of the loaf tin. It does not have to cover the batter, you just want it in the center going from end to end.
- Pour 1/4 of the batter over the top and spread it out to over the hazelnut center. Give it a tap on the counter to settle and distribute.
- Repeat steps 5-7 in the second loaf tin.
- Put both loaf tins on the top rack and bake for 55-60 minutes. Baking time may vary but the bread is done when a toothpick is inserted in the center and only comes out with chocolate hazelnut spread on it.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.