That’s right, another apple recipe snack idea. That’s because apples, like bananas are a staple in our fruit bowl. Jax will eat several apples in a sitting if I let her, and sometimes I do because there could be worse things for her to binge on than apples.
I often cut up apples for her and let her dip them in peanut butter or yogurt or if I’m feeling especially nice, caramel sauce. Apple dippers are a fun snack but not too creative, so I came up with these Apple Stackers, which are pretty much apple sandwiches using apples for the bread. They can get messy, but that’s why the kids will like them.
I like to use peanut butter and jelly in my apple stackers and Jax LOVES chocolate hazelnut spread on hers, but the possibilities are endless.
The Apple Stackers in the photos are chocolate hazelnut spread, almond butter and jelly, almond butter and cream cheese (yum), and cream cheese and jelly. Go crazy and use whatever spreads you love or have on hand.
- Whatever spreads you like — nut butters, jellies, jams, honey, cream cheese, etc.
- Wash and dry your apples.
- Cut the apples into 1/4-1/2 inch slices crosswise (I get 4 slices per apple).
- Cut the seed/cores out of the apple creating an apple ring.
- Schmear on your spreads on one apple ring, then place another apple on top, creating an apple sandwich.