Apple pie is a favorite dessert in our home and this mini, snackable version is a satisfying treat. These Apple Pinwheels are super simple to make, ready in under 20 minutes and positively delightful!
Jax loves these and snacks on them like cookies. If the kids (or you) deserve a special treat serve the pinwheels warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 2 large apples
- 1 can crescent dough
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Wash apples and cut into half inch slices, crosswise (I was able to get 4 slices out of each apple).
- Cut the center core out of each slice, making a small hole in the center.
- Open the crescent dough and roll it out, pressing the seams together.
- Cut the dough into 8 strips.
- Put one end of the dough strip through the hole and wrap around the apple ring.
- Place the apple pinwheels onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle generously on the tops of each apple pinwheel.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until dough is filly cooked and golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
Note: If you have an apple corer tool than use that to core t he apple before you slice them. I don’t have one so I used a small cookie/fondant cutter.